Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving mom! I gave myself a haircut!

Other than the fact that my mom made her best turkey ever, this Thanksgiving was kind of a bust for us. Don't get me wrong, any day just hanging out with family and eating food is awesome, but last night and today were a little chaotic. We went to Disneyland yesterday and at about 9:00, Joey started screaming that his ear hurt. We left and took him to urgent care and of course, he had two ear infections. I figured as much; no kid begs to come home from Disneyland unless something is really wrong. We had dinner/lunch at my mom's and that was great, she made a delicious meal and we had a good visit. Some of the usual family were missing so it was a little off though. David's parents are in Europe (LUCKY!) so we didn't do anything with his family today. I used to gripe about having to travel to two places on TG but now I realize that I wouldn't have it any other way. I missed his family this year. To top things off, Joey had and allergic reaction to the amoxicillin and we had to take him back to urgent care. We live an hour away, so I wasn't thrilled, but we went and got him a new prescription. He is feeling better thanks to the motrin and the little bit of amoxicillin he ahd before the bad reaction. I did get to see Bolt in 3D today with David, Aaron, Megan and Evan. (Joey is going through a scared of the dark phase so he wouldn't go.) That was really fun, it's a cute movie, I recommend it for the kiddies! :)

We finally came home and sat down to watch House and Bones. Having boys, who usually have very little hair, I never expected to encounter an "I cut my own hair" experience. But my sweet Aaron found daddy's beard trimmer and gave himself a little touch up. He was so proud when he came out to show us, I just smiled and got my camera. I am seriously so thankful fo that little boy, he just made my day, seriously! So here are some pictures of the fun...





Here's daddy finising the job. :)

He wasn't happy about gettng the rest of the haircut, he's never liked them much.
But we had to do what we had to do.

I have so much to be thankful for, I love my life!
But here are just a few things that I am especially thankful for today:
1.I am thankful for my mom and family, they work so hard to have nice family gatherings.
2. I am thankful that they've drastically improved the whole 3D experience, it used to make me sick, but thanks to the updated technology I had a great movie going experience today.
3.I am thankful that gas is so cheap, the extra trips down to the doctor would have been SUPER expensive if we had had to do this two weeks ago.
4.I am thankful that my DVR finally got my season pass right and recorded my shows.
5.I am thankful for all of my family, I wish I had been able to see everybody today.
6.I am SO grateful for my kids. They are just filled with pure joy and there is never a dull moment in my life with them around.
7. And last but certainly not least, I am very thankful that we already took our Christmas pictures this year. :)



1 comment:

The Hull Family said...

I love your posts. They are always so real, to the point, and no sugar-coating!! I can really appreciate that! It looks like aaron tried to give himself a reverse mohawk! I love it! I love kids doing crazy things that they can look back on when they are older and wonder why they did it!

It seems like last month when I was looking at your kids in their halloween costumes visiting you in the hospital and now baby Cy is one!! I can't believe it!!! Speaking of being one.....are you guys coming to Owen's party? The Chistmas party?