Friday, August 15, 2008

Camping at Refugio

We went camping at Refugio State Beach for a couple of days with the Cranstons and some of Sabrina's family. We had a great time. I REALLY miss spending a ton of time at the beach. I need to convince my husband that playing in the ocean IS AWESOME even if you do get sand everywhere. The beach was beautiful and the waves were just right for the kids to play in. We camped about 3o feet from the shore line, it was great!

The beach really is the best place to get beautiful pictures.


This picture of Joey cracks me up. He looks so Karate Kid! :)
Or Moses maybe.
Cy loved the sand. I was a little worried about what he would do at the beach, but he just crawled around and stood up on our chairs and wagon. Thank goodness he didn't feel inclined to eat the dirt. :)




Here is Joey digging for treasure I think. :)

I just dig this picture of Aaron.
Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto!

Here is a video of Joey boogie boarding. Yes...boogie boarding. He rode in once with me and once with Joe. He had so much fun playing with "The Dudes" (Sabrina's teenage nephews) and he says he wants to be a surfer when he is big. We're just going to have to start dragging Daddy to the beach more often. :)
He looks a little nervous at first, but that was just because the water was a little chilly. Once he got used to it he loved it!


3 comments:

The Hull Family said...

Camping at the beach sounds so much fun!! I want to go with you guys!! You got some really aewsome pictures, your kids are adorable!

So I'm running a 5k on August 30 at disneyland and then we were thinking of going to the beach afterwards. Want to meet us?

Averill6 said...

That video of Joey is just too cute! I wish we were there with you guys. I'm not a big fan of the beach (way too much sand in diapers), but I'm a big fan of having fun with the two coolest families ever! I really miss you guys!

Mark and van said...

How fun. all the pictures and movies are so cute. we love camping at the beach. we miss you guys.