Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Joey's First Day of School


Joey's first day of school was August 4th.  He has been in for almost a month now and I think we've worked out all of the kinks!  He did great for the first couple of weeks but then he started getting sad in the morning when it is time to leave.  I always remind him that he has a great time when he gets there and that seems to  help a ton.  He really loves going to school and he has taken on so many new responsibilities.  I am so proud of the way he rose the occasion.  He is in all day, so I think it is a lot for al little guy to handle at first.  He brought his first benchmark home and his little scores were great, as if there was any room to wonder, he is a boy genius after all. :)  I am going to start working in the classroom soon.  I can't wait to see what his little routine is like. :)


1 comment:

Rachael said...

Our boys are in school!! What the heck! I feel so old! Joey looked soo cute! I am glad to hear he is having fun. All day does sound crazy hard, but I'm sure it just super prepares him for the rest of his school life, right? Good luck in the volunteering, I cant wait for that!