Just a few awesome memories about one the best friends I've ever had!!!!
Traci was literally an answer to my prayers for a friend. I was barely 18 and had just come back to church, so I didn't have a friend to speak of. I had stopped hanging out with my friends from High School because we didn't have that much in common anymore. I was so afraid to go to Institute because I didn't know anybody there. As I drove to class for the first time, I prayed that I would find someone to talk to. After class was over, Traci approached me immediately, we hung out that night, and almost every weekend after that for two years!!!
We always joked that we shared a brain. Our lives were so similar and parallel in so many ways, that we just knew that Heavenly Father had brought us together to support one another. We joked about petitioning the First Presidency to allow this one same sex marriage, because we were sure that we would make the perfect couple...but after careful consideration, decided that we needed husbands so we were going to live in a dual family home and give the boys their own bathroom to clean. Anyway, you get the idea ! LOL
One day while we were driving together, "Buy Me a Rose" by Kenny Rogers came on the radio. She told me that that was our song and that the song described our relationship perfectly! Obviously, she was just being a goofball, but that became our song, and even after we got married we would call eachother whenever it came on the radio. One time I checked my messages, and there was one, that was just that song playing, with no explanation! ROFL!!!
I needed help with math one night (she was a math genius) and she offered to tutor me. There was some equation that I didn't understand, so she converted the Plan of Salvation into math terms in order to explain it to me. I don't remember how it all worked out, but it made perfect sense to me. I didn't know why an x left the equation and she told me it went to x paradise, then got ressurected or something like that. LOL
One of my favorite memories is the Date Auction where I met David. Traci, Carly and I made a poster describing a date and the guys had to bid on the posters without seeing the girls that went with it. We had so much fun planning that, and Traci's Cheer skills made our poster the sexiest one there. We went to Santa Monica and walked to Venice with the guys. That date was hilarious!!! If you're interested, I posted some pictures of that day. :)
Well, thanks for listening. I just want to keep talking about her, it's like if I keep talking about her, it will keep her with me that much longer. So again, thanks for listening.







1 comment:
i had the same problem for several weeks after Traci died. i had to post something to honor her and remember her by before moving on back to our normal, mundane life posts.
i found a card from Traci a couple of days ago when i was going through a box i hadn't looked at in a while. it totally brightened my day, even though she wrote it almost 9 years ago! it was a "Traci original" complete with a cute, labeled picture and bright colors. she was so thoughtful and clever. it makes me want to try harder to be the kind of friend that she was!
Post a Comment